Wednesday, March 30, 2016

About This Blog

My name's Kristy and I'm an autistic stemme, that is "stud" and "femme" combined.  These are terms often used in the lesbian community.  A stud is a conventionally masculine lesbian, usually Black or Latina.  A femme is a conventionally feminine lesbian of any race.  I've got a little bit of both traits, so I coined the two terms together, and got "stemme".

After years of trying to fit in with society and even more years of discovering myself trying to figure out who I am, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a stemme lesbian.  I like sports such as football and basketball, but I also like makeup and jewelry.  I also don't like to wear dressses and skirts unless I'm wearing leggings.

I'm autistic, which basically means that my brain is wired differently than a neurotypical (non-autistic) person.  I'm more sensitive to certain tastes, sounds and my environment than a neurotypical would be.  Plus, I tend to get fixiated on certain subjects, like Korean culture for example.

I'm also a huge nerd.  I study world cultures.  I'm a huge Nintendo video game fan.  I love the cartoon Steven Universe, and I love science.  I'm a fan of TV quiz shows too.

I'm also a Christian.  A lot of people think you can't be both gay and Christian, but I disagree.  I believe God loves each and every one of us, gay or straight, Black or White, young or old, etc.

I'm also a huge advocate for equal rights, especially women's, LGBTQ, disability and racial equality.  I believe that all people should be treated equally and given the same opportunities.

Well, that's all I have to say for now.  Have a blessed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment